Friday, May 9, 2008

Well Organized Conspiracies and the Relay for Life

A special meeting of the Board of Supervisors for Lynn Township was held this morning at 8:00am, as advertised. The purpose was to accept and award the bids for Automated Electronic Deliberators, or AEDs. These were purchased via a multi-municipal grant, which is a good thing because, judging from this morning, I might be their first emergency patient.

Today’s meeting was held after one Supervisor could not make the Board’s Thursday meeting. Unfortunately, two Supers could not make today’s meeting. Yours Truly was the only Supervisor present. The meeting was conducted with the Chairman by speaker phone.

The Supers last special advertised meeting was this past Monday. Which meant that I could not attend the Relay for Life participant's meeting.

Having arose for the 8:00am meeting, I’m now preparing for tonight’s Relay for Life, a 24 hour walkathon. As a Relay soloist, I’ve committed to 14 hours on the track, lest I be forced to match all contributions up to $500.

I’m guessing by virtue of the two special meetings this week, the Supers want me to fail in my relay quest and make me pay; a good prank indeed!

The real goal is to raise money for the cancer society. I lost a brother to Melanoma. He was 23. Cancer has now stricken another close relative.

If I don’t go around the track for at least 14 hours without stopping but for potty/snack breaks, I’ll be forced to match all donations to my “team” up to five hundred dollars!

Til now, there were no pledges. So I could have gotten off free even for not showing up. But Chairman Delong pledged $25.00. which solidifies his conspiracy against me.

If you'd like to support me the cause, or simply mess with my head, The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life event page is here.

If you want to be a part of the fight against cancer, then please sign up or donate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your walk and please keep me posted on any future events like this.

Alfonso Todd
alfonsotodd36@msn.com