Friday, October 11, 2013

Of Whoppers and Obamacare.


My experience in Government taught me one thing, the bigger the pile of public money, the more vultures are circling above it. They same goes for lies. They're some pretty big whoppers spun in DC, not like the little lies from the dollar menu here locally. No offense to Burger King, but the biggest whoppers come from DC.

This whopper is from the Whitehouse, no less!

First of all, if you've got health insurance, you like your doctor, you like your plan - you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.

President Barack Obama 7/16/2009 REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT AT RALLY FOR GOV. JON CORZINE

Posted above is a letter from Capital Blue Cross informing me that my health insurance plan will be terminated on December 31, 2013, courtesy of Obamacare. I paid my own health insurance plan privately for years. Apparently, that was a bad thing. I will now join the ranks of Ken Petrini and the many others that will have their coverage terminated. We are being directed to the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace for new coverage, a new plan. I can not keep my own plan! I must go to the Government.

Lying should be sanctionable.

Meanwhile, Obama touts the great interest in the Healthcare Exchange as the cause for the Exchange's failure. The website remains plagued with crashes, but I do not equate interest in the Exchange with being forcibly caused to go there.

Put another quarter in the truth jar, and I'll soon be a rich man!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sir, I believe you are in need of some clarifying information. Please allow me to help.

Capital Blue Cross can most certainly continue to be your provider. The government is not providing the actual insurance, this is not like Medicare or Medicaid at all. Healthcare.gov is merely providing a comparison of all the different insurance companies side-by-side, in an apples-to-apples coverage comparison, and you shop for what you want. You can keep dealing w your insurance company, or you can switch to Highmark (that's been mine for years and we've been quite happy with them, and we're going to renew with them most likely), Aetna, Keystone, Geisinger, all major companies.

You may also end up better off than you're paying now, depending on factors such as your age, income level, dependents, etc. and you may even qualify for tax rebates that you'd get right away, which go directly to the provider.

Please keep an open mind, many people think they are being duped when really there's just a lot of misunderstandings and misinformation out there. It took me a while to understand it all myself. Except for the Marketplace website performing poorly, I've been happy with what I've discovered so far. And we all have until Dec. 15 to enroll so we can be covered January 1, and have until March 15 to get in on the enrollment period at all. Please take another look, things are not as bleak as you seem to believe here. You can find information at

https://www.healthcare.gov/find-premium-estimates/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_campaign=hcgov_previewplans&utm_content=10_12_13

Kindest Regards,
Susan

David C. Najarian said...

Susan

The truth is that I am being pushed off my plan, which Obama said I could keep. That was a lie. The Government has injected itself into my healthcare.

You say that the new plan from the exchange will be better, there's a big credibility hole there, aside from the fact that the website does not work etc. etc.

The analogy is this. Lets say I like Kellogs Frosted Flakes. The Government comes in and says I cant have Frosted Flakes anymore, but by your version, that's OK because some other Kellogs cereal might be cheaper.